Sunday, November 7, 2010

Plains of the Ngorongoro

So sorry for the delay everyone, internet and electricity has been tricky and coordinating time. First off my assignment: I will be living on the plains below the Ngorongoro Crater (can see views from my school grounds where I will live like roaming elephants and fields of sunflowers) and in walking distance to Lake Manyara (Arusha Region). I will be teaching at a school with 883 students and 5 teachers including me. I will be teaching A-level Chemistry and Biology (first A-level Bio teacher for the Peace Corps TZ) and starting in three weeks (mind you most people get a month to settle in before they start teaching...I get 2 days). My house has four rooms and fruit trees. I've also inherited 2 cats.
Come visit me if you want to see the famous migrations of animals and see where life originated. I will be here and am not far from Mt. Kilimanjaro. Karibu sana. However I will not have electricity, pole sana, so send letters to contact or txt/call.
I'm in shadow week now, caused a slight riot on the bus and am doing science experiments all week.
finished internship teaching last week. I learned a lot and am preparing to start teaching soon. If you want to send me something here are some things I would appreciate:
Good chemistry book
Micro or Biology txt book
Spices
Soaps (shampoo, deordant, ect)
Chocolate chips
good pens

If I don't get to post again before swearing in on the 24th, Happy Thanksgiving and Karibu Sana!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you take lots and lots of pictures. You'll treasure them later. I'm so glad you're having this experience. Your students are going to love you.

    ReplyDelete